Now Hiring Student Worker - Communications and Social Media Intern
Cumberland United Soccer Club is looking to hire a full-time student for summer 2017 to lead our efforts to create and share written, photographic and video content to promote our club, its players and encourage new registrations.
Interested applicants should possess excellent written communication skills as well as the technical skills necessary to produce and edit high-quality photographs and videos.
Additionally, the intern should have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content for each channel.
- Build and execute social media strategy
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, photos or videos) that builds on the positive reputation of the CUSC, its players and programs
- Manage each platform to increase the visibility and enhance the brand of CUSC
- Encourage, monitor and share appropriate user-generated content that relates to CUSC
- Capture and analyse appropriate social media data and metrics
- Video tape and edit game footage
- Proven ability to create high-quality written, photographic and video content
- Proven ability to manage social media channels and build an audience
- Excellent writing, editing (text/photo/video), presentation and communication skills
- Understanding of social analytics tools
- Positive attitude, detail oriented with good multitasking and organizational skills
- Excellent writing ability in English, bilingualism an asset
- Education in communications, journalism, new media or public relations
- Must be between 15 and 25 years of age in 2017
- Must have been a full time student in the previous school semester (2017), and planning to return to full time studies in the next semester (fall of 2017).
- $12.00 per hour
- Must commit to 9 consecutive weeks starting at the latest on June 23rd, and must complete a minimum of 30 hours of work each week.